At Alcott we are celebrating our
rating on the 2012 ODE State Report Card
Be sure to click on the "Announcements and Information" link for special announcements and important information. Also, important dates can be found on the Alcott home page.
Traffic Flow Update:
Thank you to all who pick up and drop off students at Alcott. The traffic is flowing more smoothly everyday. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated. I will be making adjustments from time to time that will either increase safety for pedestrians or allow for more efficient flow of traffic. Below are some suggestions to help keep it all working.
- School starts 5 minutes later this year. The tardy bell does not ring until 9:10 a.m. No need to rush. The heaviest morning traffic is from 8:45-8:55.
- To improve student safety and traffic efficiency, students who walk or ride bikes/scooters are dismissed at the 3:20 bell in order to give them time to leave the building and cross the crosswalks before car traffic begins to flow. At the 3:25 bell, all other students are dismissed to find their cars for the ride home. Cars begin to depart approximately 3:27. Please encourage your riders to be ready to get into your vehicle when you pull up to the pickup area.
- Please stay with your vehicle at all times and be prepared to move with the line of cars ahead of you. If your rider is not there for pickup and you have waited for a minute, please pull around again. It really does not take that long to do that. If you move, traffic flows more smoothly and you can get back around to pick up your passenger with very little wait.
- PLEASE BE WATCHFUL AT THE CROSSWALKS. ALWAYS STOP FOR PEDESTRIANS IF NO ONE IS DIRECTING YOU THROUGH THE INTERSECTION. STOP AT ALL STOP SIGNS UNLESS YOU ARE BEING MOTIONED TO CONTINUE THROUGH THE INTERSECTION.
- Rainy days--We have yet to experience a rainy after-school pickup. We anticipate a much slower dismissal if the students are unable to wait outside. Duty teachers will have the students wait in the foyers at each end of the building and also under the overhang at the front/center of the building.
TRAFFIC FLOW CHANGES at ALCOTT-- If you will be driving your child to and from school anytime this school year, please read about traffic changes in traffic flow by clicking on the link below. 8/25/2010