Community Scholarship Instructions
Be sure to answer all questions completely. Applications and supplemental materials are to be returned to Guidance by 1/16/13.
Students must return a copy of the application and all supporting documents for each scholarship they want to be considered.
Please read carefully. If materials are missing from your packet it will NOT be considered. You must submit one completed set of materials for each scholarship that you wish to be considered. It is your responsibility to make these copies. Your set of materials must be stapled in the upper left corner and submitted in the following order. DO NOT use plastic covers, binders, folders, envelopes, etc.
FOR EACH SCHOLARSHIP YOU MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover Sheet (View template)
- Community Scholarship Application (View application) (Instruction 2 below)
- Resume (Instruction 3 below)
- Letter of Recommendation (Instruction 4 below)
- Optional Information (Instruction 5 below)
- Required Vocational Essay (Instruction 6 below)
- Required Supplemental Materials (Instruction 7 below)
- Unofficial Transcript (Instruction 8 below)
INSTRUCTION 1: Cover Sheet (View template)
- Must include name, phone number, E-mail address and scholarship applying to
INSTRUCTION 2: Community Scholarship Application (View application)
- A copy of the Community Scholarship Application is required for each scholarship that you wish to be considered.
INSTRUCTION 3: Resume
Please attach a resume to this Cover Sheet indicating your record in the following areas:
- Scholastic honors received or earned
- Other honors received or earned (community, church, scouts, athletics, etc.)
- Clubs and organizations you have belonged to, the number of years you belonged, and positions of leadership, if any (school, community, church, etc.)
- Part-time work and/or community volunteer experience you have done during the past three years (include employer, position, length of employment, and hours worked or volunteered)
INSTRUCTION 4: Letter of Recommendation
- Please provide one letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
INSTRUCTION 5: Optional Information
- It is permissible to include a letter of explanation of any special circumstances, such as academic obstacles overcome or financial or family changes which you would like the committee to know.
INSTRUCTION 6: Vocational Essay
Note: All students must complete the following essay in addition to all other requirements.
- Please attach a typewritten, double-spaced essay (300-500 words) stating why you have chosen to pursue your proposed occupation or vocation, what your present adult goals and objectives are, what you feel are your personal assets and strengths, and why you feel you are deserving of a scholarship to continue your education.
INSTRUCTION 7: Required Supplemental Materials
- See 2012-2013 Community Scholarship Listing for any additional required materials (if applicable).
INSTRUCTION 8: Unofficial Transcript
- Supplied by Guidance Office